Originally from Toms River, New Jersey, Kelly was the first person in her family to graduate from law school. Since elementary school, she knew that she always wanted to be an attorney. She met her husband, Craig, while they both attended Western Michigan University Cooley Law School. They married and moved to Tampa, Florida, where Craig grew up. They have 2 children together.
Kelly began her legal career as an insurance defense attorney representing both regional and national insurance companies. In 2001, she stopped representing insurers and started representing policyholders. Over the course of the next several years, Kelly exclusively prosecuted bad-faith lawsuits against insurance companies with an emphasis on their unfair claims handling practices. Her passion and background in property insurance law has proven to be a great asset in litigating against insurance companies. Her experience and background has given her a unique understanding of insurance carriers’ institutional practices.
Kelly limits her practice to only representing insureds who have property damage claims against their insurance company. She represents condominium and homeowner associations, business owners, entrepreneurs, plus other commercial and residential policyholders who have been treated unfairly by their insurance company.
Kelly is routinely consulted and/or referred cases by other attorneys regarding bad faith claims against insurance companies.
- B.A., The Richard Stockton College of New Jersey, 1992
- J.D., Western Michigan University Cooley Law School, 1996
Memberships & Admission
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Florida
- New Jersey
- District of Columbia
- Multiple presentations for AAJ
- Multiple presentations/forums for FAPIA
- Multiple presentations/forums for Windstorm Insurance Network
Professional Associations (Past and Present)
- Past president and secretary of the Bad Faith Litigation Section of the American Association for Justice (AAJ)
- Florida Association of Public Insurance Adjusters (FAPIA)
- National Association of Public Insurance Adjusters (NAPIA)
- Windstorm Insurance Network